Sunday, April 10, 2011

First day visit to Vecriga - The Old Town Riga


Old Riga is a picturesque part of the capital, and the sunny weather allowed me to take photos that clearly capture its beauty and charm.





The first day was spent walking around Vecriga, the Old Town on a chilly and sunny spring Sunday.

Beata joined Inga and me, and she led us on an informative and entertaining walking tour of the old town. Beata shared the detailed history of the iela (streets) and buildings in Vecriga, and I was able to put places to the names I had read in the Latvian history and travel guide books.

As you can see from the photos and videos, many people also enjoyed the sunny afternoon in the old town. We even happened upon a flash mob of bubble-makers in the laukums Doma (Dome Square).

Tomorrow, I will meet Inga's students and colleagues and the exchange begins!

What a lovely day as I get to know Riga and its history!

More Old Town Riga photos can be seen here: https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2100199&id=1009425114&l=640dcb800f

No comments:

Post a Comment